Day 2 - 4/10

I thought being done with classes meant no more math...

So day two was going pretty well. I got to the metal shop at 8:30 and finished my castles and they look great and I was super proud of myself. That's when I realized I needed to move on to the dreaded knights. Because the knights aren't symmetrical pieces, I'm going to have to program the CNC mill to cut it for me. I spent the entire day designing my knight, putting it on a coordinate plane, and categorizing each individual cut the machine would need to make into either 'arc' or 'mill' programs. SO MUCH MATH! Just when I thought I'd be finished with it too. I worked on that until lunch and then continued to work on it until 3. I also went by the woodshop from 6 to 7:30 to continue working on my chess board and got my pieces glued together. Overall today was very mentally draining, but I got to sit a lot which is why I give it a 4/10. My total hours for today are 7 hours which makes the total for the whole project 12.

Comments

  1. Ahhh, math. It will continue to stalk you, so make friends with it! :-) I look forward to seeing these pieces (plus the board) - would you post some pics so we can see the progression of your creations?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts