Day 7 (2/10) and Weekly Reflection

Travel day :(

I actually hate traveling I don't know why I was so happy on Thursday and I'm so sad I have to leave my girlfriend but I will overcome (somehow). I spent about 2 hours on Sunday working on my mechanical drawings which puts my total at 22 hours.


Reflection Time:

Week one reflection and what do I have to show for it....a lot actually. I was able to design my knights,  completely solve for all the values I needed for their cnc programming (although I found out later one was off but it was a silly little numerical era), and finished my rooks. 

I started the week off pretty strong with the rooks I mentioned above and am very happy with how they turned out but things were coming along pretty slow with the knights. I was initially very hesitant to use CNC coding at all because I've had...negative experiences in the past. Also, it's hard and I was upset that my celebration of the "end of high school math" was meaningless. Gordon convinced me to come around though and I'm so glad he did because I think my design looks great. It will also fit the engineered look of the rest of my pieces pretty well.

Now I know what you're all thinking: "Logan tell me about prom!". Believe me, you don't even need to ask. It was so much fun and exactly what I expected it to be. It was hosted at a lovely event space in the Virginia Museum of History and Culture. I've never been before then because history is boring (my blog my opinions) but it was way nicer than I expected initially so that was a growing moment for me (don't judge a book by it's cover). I was able to squeeze in last minute for Emily's friend groups dinner reservation too so I got to eat dinner with all her friends which was super fun.


Overall it's been a great week and I'm super stoked to see this project all the way through. This work has been super gratifying and I have enjoyed getting to work with my hands so much. It really makes me appreciate the kind of experience that Proctor is able provide (rare genuine moment I know).


For now, enjoy some pictures of my bishops.





Comments

Popular Posts