Day 8 - 9/10

 It's good to be back >:)

Today was SO productive and I can say with full confidence that I am so excited about my knights. I worked out all my kinks in my numbers and was able to get an entire knight cut with the CNC programs! Personally, I think it looks great (but if we're picking favorites my itty bitty pawn babies are my favs<3). I also got to work on my chess board more with Greg. I have a lot of respect for wood working, but I am frustrated by the lack of precision. Everything is very well measured in metal shop, but I fully just have a piece of my board thats 1/8 inch shorter than the rest. Not even sure how that happened. I'd say I did about 6 hours today. 5 in the metal shop and 1 in the wood shop with Greg. This brings my total up to 28 hours. I'd rank today a 9/10 because it was super satisfying seeing the programming do it's thing after I worked so hard trying to get everything to fit.


Comments

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished chess set on the board!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts